WHO IS IT FOR?
Suitable for people 18 years and over, this course is designed for anyone wanting to become an accredited first aider or appointed person.
Particularly appropriate to companies where HSE guidelines recommend a trained first aider qualified in first aid at work.
TFirst aid at work (FAW) certificate, valid for 3 years. We recommend refreshing your skills every 12 months.
We provide tailored training for a wide range of organisations from local outdoor activity groups to national bodies such as the
Environment Agency, and those with an international focus such as aid organisations and expeditions.
Whether you want our standard course, Wilderness First Aid or an advanced one I can provide the training you need.
Contact our training team to discuss how we can help.
COURSE CONTENT INCLUDES:
- The role of the first aider
- Contents of first aid kits (avoiding cross infection)
- Recording of incidents and accidents
- Assessing the situation in an emergency
- Administer first aid to a casualty who;
- is unconscious (including seizures)
- requires cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- is choking
- is wounded or bleeding
- is in shock
- has minor conditions - to include: minor cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters
- Administer first aid to a casualty with;
- injuries to bones, muscles, joints including suspected spinal injury
- sudden poisoning
- burns and scalds
- eye injuries
- shock and use of auto-injectors (Epipen)*
- Recognise the presence of major illness and provide appropriate first aid including heart attack and use of aspirin*,
stroke, epilepsy, asthma & diabetes
No course dates currently available.
Please contact us if you would like to arrange or create a new course date.